National French Fry Day is celebrated on July 13 of every year, though it is not an official holiday or festival. The classical food, well, essential nowadays, was actually first originated in Belgium in the 1600s. The local people in the 1600s used to fry the fish they catch while in the winter because of the frozen lake they turned to potatoes and they used to fry the potatoes the very same way as the fishes i.e. “Sliced”. So this how the most famous part of the food was introduced to the world.
How French Fries Get Its Name
During WWI the official language of the Belgium army was French so the American soldiers stationed there gave it a name of “French Fries”.
The french fries are so famous that they are the national snack of the Netherlands which is astonishing.
History of the French Fry Day:
The term “French Fried Potatoes” first occurs in print, in English, in the 1856 work Cookery for Maids of All Work by E. Warren. However, the data is insufficient to show that from where the day originated the when?
How To Celebrate National French Fry Day:
- Just go and buy the best fries and share them with there, friends, a day too.
- Use #NationalFrenchFryDay hashtag on Social media to let people know that you are celebrating the Fries day.
Easy French Fry Recipe:
- Slice 2 1/2 pounds russet peeled potatoes into French fries, and place them in the freezing cold, it won’t let them brown while you are preparing oil to fry.
- Heat 1 cup vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. While the oil is heating up, sift one cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of garlic salt, 1 teaspoon of onion salt, while 1 teaspoon (regular) salt, and 1 teaspoon of paprika into a large bowl. Slowly stir in enough water so that the mixture can be drizzled from a spoon.
- First, dry the potato slices on the paper towel then put potato slices into the batter one at a time, and throw them into the oil. Make sure to place the fries one at a time in the skillet else they will clump together. Keep them fry until golden brown and crispy is obtained. Remove the fries to paper towels to remove excess oil they soaked up.
French Fry Dipping Sauce:
Combine one cup mayonnaise, 1 Tablespoon minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice ½ teaspoon salt a pinch of black pepper together in a medium sized bowl. Stir all the ingredients till smooth. Keep the sauce in fridge for about 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy a quick made delicious sauce with your fries.