A New Year’s Eve is one of the most awaited evenings of any year. Everyone, young or adult, looks forward to celebrating the New Year parties and being a part of the biggest celebrations anywhere in the world. While Happy New Year 2024 Eve is almost upon us, it is time that we bring a more in-depth insight into the New Year’s Eve celebrations and parties, especially in the context of the current world scenario.
It is no secret that the coronavirus pandemic has drastically changed how we used to have our Christmas, New Year, and other event celebrations. Many significant events such as New Year Fireworks in London and the Times Square Ball are canceled. So people are looking for alternative methods of arranging their New Year’s Eve celebrations, which we are here to discuss.
Table of Contents
Happy New Year’s Eve Wishes Quotes Messages and Images 2024
Being a historical event, we are a part of a civilization that’s been celebrating New Year’s Eve for many centuries. Some of the most influential people on earth were a part of the New Year Celebrations, such as writers, innovators, and philanthropists. Being a part of these celebrations, these people often said gems in the form of words that have stood with us for centuries.
So let us now move ahead and bring you a list of our favorite happy new year’s eve quotes said by these famous people:
- Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction – Germany Kent
- Life’s not about expecting, hoping, and wishing; it’s about doing, being, and becoming – Mike Dooley
- I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past – Thomas Jefferson
- Many years ago, I made a New Year’s resolution never to make new year’s resolutions. Hell, it’s been the only resolution I’ve ever kept! – D.S. Mixell
- Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending- Carl Bard
- This year, be structured enough for success and achievement and flexible sufficient for creativity and fun – Taylor Duvall
- The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are – J.P. Morgan
- The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new – Socrates
- Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely choose where you start – Nido Qubein
- Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to – Bill Vaughan
So, these were some inspiring New Year’s Eve Quotes that will motivate you to take action and move forward in life as a better person. You can also download the free New Year’s Eve Quotes images and set them as your WhatsApp or Instagram story to celebrate the event.
Happy New Year’s Eve Wishes Messages and Greetings 2024:
One of the more significant and best aspects of events like New Year and Christmas is that we meet our friends and family, which is incredibly emotional when we can’t get together the rest of the year due to our busy routines. We say sweet words such as wishes and greetings to send our blessings and give proof of the strong bonds that exist during this time.
For this occasion, we have formulated a list of our ten best Happy New Year’s Eve Wishes and Greetings that you can remember and greet your loved ones with love:
- It’s the time of the year to make new year’s resolutions that you know you can never keep. But you’ll do it anyway. Happy new year!
- One more year has gone by, and you’re still the dumb person you were always. Let’s hope you can be a better person this year!
- Remember, mate, that life always gives you a second chance. What are the new years for? Grab your options every time! Happy New Year.
- Do you know what my favorite part of the new year is? I always make my resolutions when I’m drunk, so that I never am committed to them. Happy New Year.
- You know you’re old and tired when you want to have a nap instead of being drunk & have fun on New Year’s Eve. Happy new year, 2024!
- Every new year of my life can only be full of love and romance because you’re in my life. I look forward to spending one more beautiful year with you!
- I wish I have for the new year because I want to make you feel happy always and forever. Your happiness will always be my priority number one!
- Thank you for making my life less miserable and more fulfilling. You add new colors to my life. I love you so much. Happy New Year.
- It’s not the beauty of you; it’s the beauty of your heart’s face that made me fall in love with you. I want a thousand new years with you in my life!
- Your love is like a melody in my head that calms my mind and sweetens my life. Your existence is a gift I received from God. I wish you a happy new year filled with love!
When you are there enjoying the New Year’s Eve party, say these new year’s wishes and greetings to your loved ones, and have a great evening. You can also write these New Year Greetings in your New Year Cards which will be even better.
Happy New Year’s Eve Songs for 2024:
While you are looking forward to having that grand New Year’s Eve party with your friends and family, you would want to play some New Year Songs as well. However, choosing the right playlist is confusing; we are here to help you with that. Here is a list of the best Happy New Year’s Eve songs that you can make a playlist of and play at your party:
• My Dear Acquaintance – Regina Skeptor
• Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
• Feeling Good – Nina Simone
• Dancing Queen – ABBA
• It’s the End of the World – R.E.M
• Rock and Roll All Night – Kiss
• New Year Song for Kids – Plastic 3
• We Found Love – Rihanna
• One More Time – Daft Punk
• The New Year’s Anthem – Mariah Carey
These were some of the most played Happy New Year’s Eve Party songs that we could recommend.
Happy New Year’s Eve Celebrations – History
The earliest recorded festivities in honor of a new year’s arrival date back some 4,000 years to ancient Babylon. For the Babylonians, the first new moon following the vernal equinox, the day in late March with an equal amount of sunlight and darkness, heralded the start of a new year. The New Year’s Eve celebrations are held ever since; however, the date has changed with changing cultures and calendars.
Over the centuries, the calendar fell out of sync with the sun. In 46 B.C., the emperor Julius Caesar decided to solve the problem by consulting with the most prominent astronomers and mathematicians. He introduced the Julian calendar, closely resembling the more modern Gregorian calendar that most countries around the world use today.
Happy New Year’s Eve Celebrations Around the World:
While New Year’s Eve is celebrated in every corner worldwide, some of them are too lively and famous. That is why many people, such as couples or friends, look forward to traveling to these years and celebrating New Year’s Eve in New York, London, and many other lively places in the world.
If you are one of those people, let us move ahead and bring you the details of the most lively New Year’s Eve celebrations around the world:
1. New Year’s Eve Celebrations in New York:
New York has to be the most exotic place for new year celebrations. There are plenty of events, especially the New Year’s Ball Drop, that you must witness at least once in your life. In this event, a vast Times Square Ball is set, and just as the clock strikes midnight, the ball comes to the ground marking the beginning of the New Year 2024.
New York is a lively city, and on New Year’s Eve, it is one of the world’s live places with vibrant colors; new year parties, concerts, and gatherings at Times Square are world-famous. However, getting yourself a booking there is not easy, so make sure you do it beforehand.
2. New Year’s Eve Celebrations in London:
The people of London City gather around the Thames Waterfront at midnight and witness their city burst into Fireworks and lights all around. It brings one of the most beautiful sights; unfortunately, the London Fireworks event has been canceled by the city authorities to follow the pandemic SOPs.
However, we have still got a long way to go before the New Year’s Eve celebrations on the evening of 31st December. If the authorities manage to control the situation, there is a vast possibility of New Year’s Eve London fireworks, parties, and other fun celebrations.
3. New Year’s Eve Celebrations in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil:
Whether we talk about city colors or the sunny beaches with colors all around, Rio de Janeiro is the place to be. When it comes to this city, it is all about being at beaches and having New Year Parties there at midnight. People, both local and international visitors, get together and have parties.
When the clock strikes midnight to mark the beginning of the New Year 2024, you can enjoy throwing flower petals into the waves, which is one of the most lovely New Year traditions related to celebrating New Year’s Eve in this city.
4. New Year’s Eve Celebrations in Madrid, Spain:
Another of the world’s biggest cities, Madrid, hosts some of the beloved Spanish traditions on New Year’s Eve. One of the most famous practices is swallowing 12 grapes at each clock stroke at midnight. If you manage to finish all twelve of them, it is considered a sign of good luck for the rest of the year.
Well, you don’t have to believe too much in that to be a welcome party at the event. Instead, you can do that just for fun. Moreover, don’t forget to be a part of massive New Year Celebrations in Madrid, where there are parties all around the city in streets, pubs, and homes.
5. New Year’s Eve Celebrations in Paris, France:
What could be more fun than being a part of millions of people celebrating New Year’s Eve in the city of lights, Paris? Well, if you could book a ticket to someplace right away, it should be Paris, where you can get the chance to enjoy the New Year Fireworks and the beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower at that moment looks more exotic.
So these were some of the best places to be for New Year’s Eve Celebrations. However, if you are to stay at home and celebrate with your friends and family, that would be great and even safer.
Happy New Year’s Eve 2024 Countdown:
The New Year’s Eve Countdown is something everyone looks forward to, and as the clock strikes midnight, the New Year celebrations begin as well. Some of the best places to witness the New Year Countdown are Times Square in New York, Thames Bridge in London, and the Eiffel Tower, in Paris.
However, while the New Year Countdown events are being canceled due to the lockdown, you might need to watch these events online. For that, make sure that you stay tuned to Helo National’s New Year’s Eve Countdown live stream that we’ll be bringing live from these cities.
So we managed to bring everything that you wanted to know about the Happy New Year’s Eve celebrations, history, wishes, greetings, and countdown. If you look forward to enjoying the event at home this time, make sure that you tune to our New Year’s Eve live stream from different famous cities around the world.
We shall also be bringing live news updates about all New Year Events that you are looking forward to going to, so make sure that you check with us first. Please, keep visiting our website for more exciting Happy New Year 2024 content!
Happy New Year’s Eve 2024 – FAQs
1. Why do we celebrate New Year’s Eve?
Answer: New Year’s Eve is one of the largest global celebrations because it marks the last day of the year in the Gregorian calendar, December 31, before the New Year. Many people celebrate New Year’s Eve to bid farewell to the year that ends and to welcome the New Year.
2. Which country gets the new year first?
Answer: New Year is first celebrated in the small Pacific island nations of Tonga, Samoa, and Kiribati. New Zealand follows next in celebrating the New Year, followed by Australia, Japan, and South Korea, while the last place to celebrate New Year is Bakers Island which lies in the central Pacific Ocean.