Denmark is a small country and like all other countries, it has different symbols such as national flowers, trees, and animals. The National Flower of Denmark is Marguerite Daisy, It is a Spectacular flower and is usually famous for garden lovers. It is found and cultivated on excess in Denmark. They have soft showy petals with fragrant leaves attached to the stem.
What is the National Flower of Denmark?
Related: National flower of the world
Interesting facts about Marguerite Daisy.
Marguerite Daisy belongs to Asteraceae Family(Asteroideae as Subfamily) and Argyranthemum is a genus. Its Latin name is Argyranthemum frutescent sand they are mostly loved by butterflies. It is a common but a very beautiful flower and almost every gardener admires Marguerite Daisy.
They are small shrubs like and they grow up to 1 to 3 feet in height. They are known for their great season quality as they can grow in Fall Bloom, Spring Bloom, and Summer Bloom. It is available in white, purple, pink yellow in color depending on the species. They are native to the canary island, Spain, Denmark and most regions of Europe.
Marguerite daisy is also called as ‘Dill’ and ‘marguerites’ daisies’. Marguerite daisies are usually used as a decorative garden plant, also used to decorate wedding reception and garden beds.it is the native habitat of some species of, Marguerite daisies are being threatened by grazing, humans, with at least two species endangered, plus one that is critically endangered. They are circular and have almost ten soft and showy petals with greenish shiny leaves attached to the stem.
Related: National Flower of Brazil
Marguerite Daisy Facts:
- Varieties of this flower are sold as garden plants.
- Daisy-like flowers are produced during the summer season.
- The flowers are pink, yellow, white, purple and pink.
- National Floral of Denmark can be grown from cuttings or seeds.
- The most common color of this flower is white as that variety is most abundant.
- The flowers grow best when they are in full sunlight and they are the showiest during the spring seasons.
- Daisy flowers grow along the border of the houses because they have continuous growth.
- The flower cannot tolerate freezing but can tolerate low temperatures.
- It grows the best in well-drained soil and cannot survive without sunlight.
Why Marguerite Daisy is the National Flower of Denmark?
Denmark doesn’t have an official national flower. In the mid-80s, a popular TV-programme asked its viewers to vote for a national flower and the winner was the dandelion. The Daisy might be mentioned because it’s the favorite flower of the Danish queen.
Related: National Flower of Iran
According to the Danish National Encyclopedia, the beach, and the red clover were chosen as Denmark’s national plants in 1936. They were chosen by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs because Argentina wanted to establish a botanical garden with national plants from all over the world. This daisy was chosen as the flower of Denmark because Denmark is one of the few countries where this flower grows.